Update on 2021 Conference:
The health and safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. In light of current events, National Conference in Minneapolis has been cancelled. Instead the Tourette Association of America will be hosting a Virtual Conference on May 14-16, 2021. Learn more: 2021 Virtual Conference!
More About National Conference
The Tourette Association of America hosts a biennial National Conference to create a welcoming, informative environment to the Tourette Community. Anyone affected by TS, or simply looking to learn more about TS and its co-occurring conditions is encouraged to attend. The National Conference offers sessions to hundreds of adults and teens with TS, parents, and professionals on a variety of topics labelled by audience:
- Medical & Behavioral – Focuses on leading medical & behavioral treatment approaches for TS and its co-occurring disorders. These sessions are appropriate for doctors, psychologists, and other medical professionals, and CEUs are available
- Education – Provides tools, resources and guidance for educators and for parents dealing with school challenges.
- Parenting – Presentations include first-hand struggles, successes and guidance on raising a child with TS.
- Adult – Sessions appropriate for adults with TS and spouses, including sessions on medical care, employment, and more.
- Teen – (for teens with TS and their siblings, ages 13-19) – Sessions targeted to help teens navigating through these challenging years and difficult transitions.
- Youth – (children with TS and their siblings, 8-12) – New programming for younger patients and their siblings to help understand and manage their diagnosis and bond with other children with TS