About National Conference
The Tourette Association of America hosts a biennial National Conference to create a welcoming, informative environment to the Tourette Community. Anyone affected by TS, or simply looking to learn more about TS and its co-occurring conditions is encouraged to attend. The National Conference offers sessions to hundreds of adults and teens with TS, parents, and professionals on a variety of topics labelled by audience:
- Medical & Behavioral – Focuses on leading medical & behavioral treatment approaches for TS and its co-occurring disorders. These sessions are appropriate for doctors, psychologists, and other medical professionals, and CEUs are available
- Education – Provides tools, resources and guidance for educators and for parents dealing with school challenges.
- Parenting – Presentations include first-hand struggles, successes and guidance on raising a child with TS.
- Adult – Sessions appropriate for adults with TS and spouses, including sessions on medical care, employment, and more.
- Teen – (for teens with TS and their siblings, ages 13-19) – Sessions targeted to help teens navigating through these challenging years and difficult transitions.
- Youth – (children with TS and their siblings, 8-12) – New programming for younger patients and their siblings to help understand and manage their diagnosis and bond with other children with TS