Youth Ambassador Program
Information & Application
March 2 – March 4, 2020
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Tourette Association of America’s Youth Ambassador Program! The Training, for teens 12-17 and their parent/adult guardian, will take place on March 2 – March 4, 2020 in Arlington, VA.
The application deadline is Friday, November 15, 2019. For more information, please contact Natalie Joseph-Pauline.
Dates: March 2 – March 4, 2020
Location: Hyatt Centric Arlington
YA Training Schedule:
Monday, March 2, 2020—Arrival Day
YA teams will arrive & check in at the Hyatt Centric Arlington. That afternoon, YA teams will register and join us for an informal (optional, but highly encouraged) Meet & Greet for both Youth Ambassadors and parents.
Tuesday, March 3, 2020—Youth Ambassador Training
YA Training starts at 9:00am and runs the full day (with breaks) until 5:00pm. YA Teams will also participate in the National Advocacy Preparation Dinner in the evening. *Schedule may be subject to change.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020—National Advocacy Day
YA Teams will meet with members of Congress and their staff. TAA Department of Public Policy will organize meetings for YA Teams and National Advocacy Day attendees.
Costs associated with the Youth Ambassador Training are listed below.
TAA Funded Teams
Costs covered by the Tourette Association:
Hotel accommodations for the night of Monday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 3 for the YA Team (additional nights at the team’s personal expense).
- Training-sponsored meals for YA team.
- Training program materials.
- Transportation (e.g. airfare, train ticket, mileage reimbursement, parking) up to $350 for Youth Ambassador Team (YA and Parent/Guardian). Your travel will be reimbursed by the Tourette Association. Please note, travel reimbursement expenses will be capped at $350.00 per Youth Ambassador. However, we recognize that there might need to be some exceptions, in which case prior approval will need to be obtained from Sonja Mason-Vidal (VP of Finance).
Chapter or Self-Funded Teams
Costs NOT covered by the Tourette Association. Please work with your local Chapter to discuss the details:
- Hotel accommodations for the nights of Monday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 3 for the YA team.
- Training Fee of $500 Per Person ($1,000 per team), covers training, food & beverage, program materials, and National Advocacy Day bus transportation.
*Please note that spaces are limited.
Questions? Please contact Natalie Joseph-Pauline at (718) 224-2999 x227 or email@example.com.