The Time to Elevate Tourette Awareness is NOW!
In the TAA’s 50th Anniversary year, the need to accelerate our efforts for Tourette awareness has never been higher. From May 15 –June 15 there are several ways you can participate, locally, nationally, whether in person or virtually. IT’S TIME TO ACTIVE EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR COMMUNITY TO RALLY FOR TOURETTE!
Spread the Word Through Social Media:
SPREAD THE WORDS:
- “Tourette is uncontrollable but I am UNSTOPPABLE!”
- “I have Tourette but I am UNSTOPPABLE. What makes you UNSTOPPABLE?”
SPREAD THE HASHTAGS:
SPREAD THE LOGOS:
Download the TAA’s 50th Anniversary logos and share on social media:
- Logo 1
- Logo 2
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser!
- Customize your photo for Tourette Awareness on Facebook and Twitter.
- Download our 50th Anniversary headers for your personal Facebook or Twitter page
- Share your story #MyTourette.
Be Part of the Awareness:
- National Awareneness 5K Walk/Run: Hit the ground running at our Tourette National Awareness 5K Walk/Run: Join us at this highly anticipated event in-person at Astoria Park in New York City on June 12. Can’t join us in New York? With a virtual registration, you can run, walk, or bike anywhere for Tourette! Calculate your miles and connect with people across the world on social media through the hashtag #MilesforTourette.
- GET YOUR TOURETTE SWAG HERE: The Tourette Association of America’s online shop is the place for all kinds of TAA-branded merchandise that shows off your Tourette swagger. Is there a better way to spread Tourette Awareness? A portion of every purchase goes to the TAA to help spread awareness, support research, and develop new ways to support 1 million Americans with Tourette Syndrome, Tic Disorders, and associated conditions!
- Register virtually for the TAA National Conference – the recorded sessions from the 2022 TAA National conference will be available for 3 years. Learn about all things Tourette from the foremost experts working in the Tourette and Tic Disorder field.
- All in For Teal Tuesdays – May 17, May 24, May 31, June 7, June 14: Cover yourself in teal from head to toe and get noticed for awareness. Get creative and post your pictures on social media! Clothes, ties, bracelets, buttons, hair, nail polish, face paint – get all in for awareness!
- Get Involved in Your Local Chapters and Support Groups: There are exciting ways you can get involved and inspire others in financially supporting your Chapter or Support Group. The TAA has been around for almost 50 years thanks to generous donors and supporters alike. Your donation supports our efforts to increase awareness, treatment options and care, and support resources nationally.
- Contact Congressional Leaders: Encourage your local community in joining you to make a difference. Contact Congressional leaders in a pre-populated virtual letter to advocate for the most pressing public policy issues that face the Tourette Syndrome community. Learn about the difference each of you made in March of 2022 and how we can continue that trend. #Rally4Tourette
Go Public Locally:
- Leverage Your Local Officials: Are there landmarks in your community with a lighting program? Do you want to proclaim a national day for Tourette Awareness in your
community? Contact your local government to get a local landmark to be lit teal during Tourette Awareness Month or to recognize Tourette awareness in your community.
- Leverage Local Media: Contact your local media outlets to spread the word about Tourette Awareness Month.
- Make your local businesses the business for awareness: Any local shop, café, or restaurant can spread awareness. Recruit your local businesses to be part of Tourette awareness – whether they post a sign in their windows or in their establishment.
Start Spreading Awareness Now!
Get our 50th Anniversary Awareness Month going with a few social media posts that will be added to and changed as the month moves along. Why stop at one month? Keep Tourette Awareness going all year round! Use the hashtags: #uncontrollableunstoppable #touretteawareness #tourette #tourettesyndrome #tics
2022 TAA Impact Survey
The results of the 2022 Impact Survey are unsettling, but not surprising. But these results empower us to elevate the level of Tourette awareness!
Illuminate the Nation in Teal for Tourette Awareness
It started with the Mayo Clinic on May 13 in Minnesota, Arizona, and Jacksonville. Share this image on social media or spread the news in your local community! Get your local landmarks and buildings lit for for Tourette awareness.
Teal lightings from East to West:
May 14 – St. Anthony’s Fall Bridge (Minnesota)
May 15 – The Governor Mario Cuomo Bridge (New York)
May 16 – Moreno Valley “M” (California)
HELP GROW THIS LIST!
Spread Awareness With Swag!
The Tourette Association of America’s online shop is the place for all kinds of TAA-branded merchandise that shows off your Tourette swagger. Is there a better way to spread Tourette Awareness? A portion of every purchase goes to the TAA to help spread awareness, support research, and develop new ways to support 1 million Americans with Tourette Syndrome, Tic Disorders, and associated conditions!