Tourette Syndrome Awareness Month runs from May 15 – June 15. This effort serves to raise understanding and acceptance for TS and Tic Disorders, as well as highlights the progress we have made as a community. This initiative brings our community to the forefront, helping to create a more universal understanding of the challenges faced each day, as well as to share successes. See below for the various ways to get involved and make a lasting difference!
All of us at the TAA are fueled by the TS community and are inspired by your stories. We are committed to effecting real change, but we are relying on you to help. If you have been involved in TAA initiatives, at any point, over the last 50 years, we hope you will consider making a gift to help us to continue on for another 50.
Fueled by Community.
Inspired by you.
Jamie Grace sings "Marching On" for Awareness Month
There are various ways to leverage social media to join the TAA’s efforts in maximizing Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorder awareness.
- Share your story #MyTourette. Visit MyTourette.org view other stories from the TS community. These stories are woven together in a virtual quilt, symbolizing unity and togetherness.
- Customize your photo on Facebook and Twitter.
- Download Cover Images for Facebook and Twitter.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser.
- Take the Tourette Pledge to stop using Tourette Syndrome as a punchline. #TourettePledge
Attend a Virtual Event:
- 2020 Virtual Conference May 15 – 16, 2020 – Information is being presented through variety of web-based sessions geared towards adults, parents, teens, educators and medical professionals in the TS community.
- Miles for Tourette May 15 – June 15, 2020 – Virtually walk, run and cycle to raise funds and awareness for TS.
- Teal Tuesdays May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9 – Wear teal on Tuesdays to support Tourette! Ideas include: teal clothing, ties, bracelets, buttons, hair accessories, nail polish and more! Get creative and Post pictures on Social Media!
- Local Chapters and Support Groups are hosting fun, informative and engaging virtual programs.
Contact your Congressional Leader:
Your voice makes a difference. Contact to your Congressional leaders in a pre-populated virtual letter to advocate for the most pressing public policy issues that face the Tourette Syndrome community. Learn about the difference each of you made in March of 2020 and how we can continue that trend. #Rally4Tourette
Make a Gift:
The TAA has been around for almost 50 years thanks to generous donors and supporters alike. Every gift makes a difference, no matter how big or small. Your donation supports our efforts to increase awareness, treatment options and care, and support resources nationally.