Given that most of our volunteers have families, jobs, and many other time and energy demands, what’s one quick action that can be taken and executed for maximum affect in Advocacy?
Action Alerts are Email Blasts sent to urge members (volunteers) to contact their elected officials at critical times when a constituent perspective is needed to support or oppose a legislative issue.
- Inform the public and policy makers about critical health, research and education issues that impact the Tourette Community.
- Highlight critical issues that need constituent voice and support
- Offer a tool and mechanism to advocate quickly and effectively for Tourette Awareness, Research and Support Services.
- Civic Action to prevent potential harmful public policies and medical or education practices from reaching implementation.
- Most importantly, to share personal stories about living with Tourette and Tic Disorders.