The Tourette Association of America invites you to submit a proposal for the 2023 Tourette Association of America Virtual National Conference (TAA Virtual National Conference). The conference will be held May 19-20, 2023
For 2023, the Conference will be presented in two segments:
The Family and Education Conference features programming designed for anyone touched by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
This RFP is for virtual Family & Education Conference programs taking place on May 20, 2023.
The TAA Virtual National Conference features programming for children (8-12) and teenagers (13-17) with Tourette and their siblings, adults with Tourette, parents and caregivers, educators, medical professionals, and combinations of these groups.
The TAA will accept presentations in the following formats:
- Panel discussion/roundtables
- Lecture session (max 3 speakers)
- Interactive session with or without lecture elements
- Small group/breakouts
- Activity/support group facilitation
LENGTH OF SESSIONS:
Conference sessions can be 1 hour or 1.25 hours in length. Youth sessions for 8-10 years should remain at 30 minutes, teen sessions 45 minutes in length. Please indicate the expected length of your presentation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPEAKERS:
- All speakers must commit to the presentation of their workshop at the designated time during the conference
- Speakers should grant permission for hard copy and online distribution of any submitted supplemental resource material(s).
- If you wish to distribute copyrighted information in your supplemental resource materials, it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary permission. Such materials will be distributed only if submitted with the publisher’s written permission attached.
BENEFITS TO PRESENTERS:
All Conference presenters and facilitators will receive complimentary registration for Conference sessions and will be eligible for discounted rates on exhibit space.
- Primary Presenter Name
- Contact information (email, phone, mailing address)
- Title of Workshop
- 300 Word Presentation Summary (more information below)
- Presentation Marketing Description (limit 100 words) – this description will appear on our website, registration site, conference app, and other media.
- Targeted Audience (check as many as apply)
- Child (8-12)
- Teen (13-17)
- Parent/General Education
- Medical Providers
- Learning Objectives (3)
- Length of Presentation
- 30 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- 1:15 Hours
- Co-Presenters (names, credentials, contact information)
- Presenter Bios (max 200 words), including headshots for speaker(s) and any co-presenters
- OPTIONAL: Please attach or provide links to previous presentations, publications or other media as available.
Please take note of these suggested presentation elements as you plan your proposal. The following will be considered as we make our final workshop selections:
- Encourage Active Learning: Identify what methods you will use to encourage active learning (participatory) versus passive learning (listening). Interactive sessions are highly encouraged.
- Practical Tools: Attendees will be looking for practical tools for use in their lives and practices.
- Diversity: Presentations should aim to be free from cultural biases and be inclusive of the diverse communities affected by Tourette Syndrome. Indicate incorporation or primary focus on culturally competent programming.
- Programming for multiple audiences: Presentations that speak to both parents and educators, teens and adults, teens and their caregivers, medical professionals or other categories of attendees are encouraged.
- Q&A: Allow time for questions and answers from participants.
- Handouts: Providing a handout, or digital presentation accessible through our Conference App, will help attendees follow your presentation, will help attendees who miss your presentation to see an overview of what was covered, and can provide suggestions for further resources.
- Lived Experience: We encourage presenters to use stories of their own experience in their sessions. Where applicable, please indicate inclusion.
Please submit your proposal to [email protected].
DEADLINE: January 6, 2023
DECISION DATE: February 9, 2022