College Scholarships for Students with Tourette Syndrome
While the Tourette Association of America does not provide college scholarships there are currently 3 scholarships specifically for students with Tourette Syndrome (TS) available through other organizations.
Apart from the scholarships available for students with tics or TS, it is important to keep in mind that often students with TS are also impacted by co- occurring conditions. If you are searching for scholarships for a student with TS, and this student also has a diagnosis of another disorder, it might be helpful to also research scholarships that are either for co-occurring conditions or that have more broadly defined criteria.
For example, there are scholarships for students with ADHD and specifically some that are for students with learning disabilities (which can include Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, and Auditory Processing Disorder among others). There are also scholarships available each year that are even more broadly defined for students with disabilities, which could include a very wide range of conditions. Below we have listed some scholarship opportunities in areas most frequently impacting the TS population that you might want to consider looking into if searching for scholarships. Click on the names of the scholarships to be directed to their websites if you would like to learn more.
Scholarship opportunities for students with TS or tic disorders
Scholarships for students with disabilities
- California Association for Post-Secondary Education and Disability (CAPED) Scholarship Program
- American Association on Health and Disability
- Fredrick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability
- NBC UNIVERSAL Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
- The Ability Center of Greater Toledo Scholarship
- Incight Scholarship
- Through the Looking Glass (for children who have a parent with a disability)
Scholarships for students with learning disabilities or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD):
- Anne Ford Scholarship and Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship (through the National Center for Learning Disabilities)
- Fred J. Epstein Youth Achievement Award
- The Marion Huber Learning Through Listening Awards
- Michael Yasick ADHD Scholarship
- Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship
- Microsoft DisAbility Scholarship
Scholarships for students with a physical disability or for students who use a wheelchair:
- 1800wheelchair.com Scholarship
- George & Dorothy Mulinski Scholarship
- Independence Foundation Scholarship