Learn how to cope with depression during this webinar. Participants learn strategies to build psychological and relational flexibility. Several methods of unhooking from self-critical thoughts were reviewed, as well as behavioral techniques to bounce back from the darkness.
- How can I ground myself in the midst of an emotional storm?
- How can I observe and disengage from unhelpful thoughts?
- How can behavioral strategies promote movement and connection?
- How can I act according to my values despite depressive feelings?
- How can relationships, like family, be a conduit for growth and enrichment?
About Dr. Kenneth Phelps
Kenneth W. Phelps, PhD, LMFT is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry and Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Prisma Health – University Of South Carolina Medical Group. Within this context, Dr. Phelps also serves as the Director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic and Co-director of the Tourette Center of South Carolina. Dr. Phelps has special interests in resilience, family systems approaches to treatment, and ACT-enhanced behavioral therapy. He has served as a trainer for the Tourette Association of America’s Behavioral Therapy Institute since 2016.