Last week’s all-staff meeting at our National office in Bayside reminded me of the dedication of our team and community of leaders. These Real People make Real Progress possible. Today’s TAA team has been busy organizing a number of events and activities scheduled for the coming weeks and months.
- The Medical Advisory Board and Scientific Advisory Board meet this week to discuss the future of scientific research into the causes and treatments for TS and Tic Disorders.
- Tourette Syndrome National Awareness Month takes place May 15 through June 15. To learn more about getting involved through social media, Teal Tuesday, a Team Tourette event near you, Youth Ambassador training and more, visit Tourette.org.
- May 21 is the National Awareness Walk in Flushing Meadow Corona Park. Register today.
- Mark your calendars for the 2018 National Education & Advocacy Conference scheduled for February 27 through March 4!
It is hard to believe it all began 45 years ago by families who were desperately seeking answers. I am humbled by their legacy; I am proud to continue the tradition of awareness, research, and support; and I am privileged to do it with a team of people who are in the business of helping others.
My Personal Battle With Tourette Syndrome!
At age 10, Jason was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome and was told by doctors that he would likely never play sports or attend college. Based on his experiences, Jason has become an inspirational speaker about living with Tourette, the importance of finding your motivation, and the support he’s found from family, friends, and mentors. Combined, their support allowed him to dictate his path and thrive as an educator and athlete.
Advancing Research for Tourette Syndrome
The Tourette Association of America is hosting its annual scientific meeting on Thursday, April 20 in Rockville, MD. The meeting brings together the organization’s medical and scientific advisors, with other researchers and thought leaders from institutions within the US and overseas, to discuss advancing research and development in Tourette Syndrome.
Tourette Family Teacher Camp
The TAA Wisconsin Chapter is hosting a Tourette Family Teacher Camp this June! Held at the DNR youth camp near Cambellsport, Wisconsin, all ages are welcome and will enjoy various educational and recreational activities. The weekend will include various keynote speakers, trainings, and meeting new friends. Registration deadline: May 1
[News & Events]
- 4/18: Parent Strategies: Tips and Support #TouretteChat:
- Webinar: Real People, Real Progress featuring Kathy & Matt Giordano
- 5/1 – 6/30: Virtual Awareness Walk!
- 5/13: Delaware Awareness Walk
- 5/16: Webinar: Path to Diagnosis
- 5/21: National Awareness Walk!
Save the Dates!