Tourette Awareness Month 2018 is finally here! Are you ready to spread the word?
It is hard for me to believe this will mark my third Awareness Month with the Tourette Association of America. During that time I have met so many incredible people who are willing to share their personal stories–their successes, failures, struggles and victories. Stories of loneliness and confusion marked by hope and healing. Each year the TS community continues to amaze me with their outreach, dedication and willingness to fight ignorance through education and advocacy while helping us to raise money so we can continue touching lives. We truly couldn’t do it without you.
Let’s make this the most successful Awareness Month to date! Visit Tourette.org/awarenessmonth to get involved, attend one of our many walks across the country, including the 2018 National Awareness 5K Run/Walk coming up on May 20th. This past Saturday, Walk Ambassador, Blaise Urato, and his mother Janice joined me on The Nonprofit Voice to talk about all of the exciting initiatives taking place at the TAA.
The TAA Medical Advisory Board, Scientific Advisory Board and Centers of Excellence convened the first week in May to discuss upcoming priorities and exciting opportunities in research for Tourette Syndrome. Plus we are in full swing identifying the next round of Youth Ambassador trainees for our July training in San Antonio, TX. Encourage your friends and family to apply!
And be sure to keep an eye on our social media and your inbox as we share out information with stories, and ways to get involved throughout the month.
Tourette Awareness Month
May 15th to June 15th
5 Easy Ways to Participate!
- Make it Social: Join the TAA Thunderclap & update your profile picture to support TS awareness!
- Get Involved: Participate in #TealTuesday, become a member, find your local chapter or support group, join in a Team Tourette Event!
- Share Your Story: Your story is our history. Help us celebrate the many faces of Tourette!
- Contact your local Congressional Leader
- Make a Donation
Annual Scientific and Medical Advisory Board Meeting
The Scientific Advisory Board experts reviewed grant applications from researchers all over the world to continue their research on TS and Tic Disorders and the Medical Advisory Board is actively working on a number of projects that will be announced over the year.
Youth Ambassador Training
July 13 -14, 2018
San Antonio, TX
The TAA Youth Ambassador Program trains, supports and brings together teens to advocate for and talk about Tourette and Tic Disorders in their community, with their elected officials and before their peers at school, sports leagues, scout troops, camps and after-school programs. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 1ST
TAA Submits Written Testimony for House Labor Health & Human Services Appropriations
The TAA submitted written testimony for the record to the House Committee on Appropriations Labor, Health and Human Services, Education And Related Agencies to officially request and support Fiscal Year 2019 continued funding at the previously enacted level of $2 million for the CDC TS program
[News & Events]
- 5/15: Browser update needed!
- 5/15 – 6/15: Houston, TX – Virtual Walk
- 5/16: Webinar: Occupational Therapy for Tic Disorders
- 5/20:2018 National Awareness 5K Run/Walk
- 5/20: Long Beach, CA– 5K Walk
- 5/20: Winter Garden, FL – Virtual Walk
- 5/20: Nashville, TN – Virtual Walk
- 5/20: Bristol, VT– Virtual Walk
- 5/20: Austin, TX– Virtual Walk
- 5/20: Hobart, WI– Virtual Walk
- 6/2: Harrison, NY– Virtual Walk
- 6/3: Illinois Chapter– Run for the Roses
- 6/9 & 6/10: CBIT Training – Park Ridge, Illinois
- 6/9: Long Island Chapter – Family Fun Day
- 6/25: Illinois Golf Classic and Ladies’ Game Day