Today not only kicks off Tourette Syndrome Awareness Month, it is also the first day of our Virtual Conference 2020. There has never been a more important time to make the TAA your charity of choice. We have all experienced many changes over the last several weeks and now, more than ever, we need to come together to ensure the future of the only national organization dedicated to serving the Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorder community. What we do cannot be done without you. Now is the time to show you value the important work the TAA has done over the last five decades. A gift in any amount will allow us to continue offering essential programming and support services to you and your loved ones.
Awareness Month runs from May 15 – June 15 and serves to raise understanding and acceptance for TS and Tic Disorders. This month-long initiative brings our community to the forefront, helping to create a more universal understanding of the challenges faced each day, as well as to share successes. So, please get involved and help us make this a great success.
- Get Social: Share your story, view the TS virtual quilt, customize your profile picture with a TS ribbon, download shareable assets and take the pledge.
- Participate in a virtual event: Virtual Conference, Miles for Tourette, Teal Tuesdays, free weekly webinars for all ages.
- Contact your Congressional Leader by sending an Awareness Month Action letter.
- Make a Gift: Donate, host a Facebook fundraiser and encourage others to do the same.
COVID-19 has vastly impacted our lives and our organization. We are committed to effecting real change, but we are relying on your help and involvement. If this organization has helped you in any way, at any point over the last 50 years, make a gift to help us to continue on for another 50.
Tourette Syndrome Awareness Month May 15 - June 15
There are a number of ways to get involved throughout the month, including sharing your story on the My Tourette virtual quilt, updating your Facebook and Twitter images, making a gift, contacting your Congressional Leaders, participating in Miles for Tourette, joining the TicFit workout series, and more.
Our goal is to bring our community to the forefront, helping to create a more universal understanding of the challenges faced each day, as well as to share successes.
CEU Credits Available - Conference
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) for Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses and Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, and Social Workers are available for select Virtual Conference sessions. In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Tourette Association of America. Full completion is valued at 8.25 hours.
Participate in Miles for Tourette
Contact Your Congressional Leaders
As part of Awareness Month, the TAA encourages you to take action by sending an Awareness Month Action letter to your Congressional Leaders. Legislators are elected to office to represent YOU! Increasing awareness about Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorders will help increase their support for Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorder funding and research.
[News and Events]
- 5/15 – 5/16: Virtual Conference
- 5/15 – 6/15: Tourette Syndrome Awareness Month
- 5/15 – 6/15: Miles for Tourette
- 5/18 – 6/8: TicFit Workout Series
- 5/19/20: Children’s TS Forum
- 5/21/20: Teen TS Forum
- 5/21/20: Tics & Tourette Syndrome: How to Support Our Children at School and at Home
- 5/26/20: Job Searching? Wine Down with TAA Young Professionals
- 5/26/20: Osler Society: The Elephant in Every Room I Enter, A Program on Tourette’s Syndrome
- 6/2/20: Doing What Matters: Coping Effectively with Depression
- 6/4/20: Helping Parents Understand and Manage the Academic Impact of Tourette Disorder, ADHD, and Learning Disorders
- 6/16/20: Navigating Family and Personal Relationships
- 8/22/20: One Tic at a Time 5K & Fun Run
- 9/14/20: Illinois Golf Classic
- 9/20/20 – 9/21/20: Behavior Therapy Institute/CBIT Training (TS-BTI) in New York
- 10/24/20 – 10/25/20: Behavior Therapy Institute/CBIT Training (TS-BTI) in Phoenix
- 10/29/20: TAA Gala in New York
- 11/1/20: TCS New York City Marathon
- Survey: Driving Experiences of
People with Tourettes